Monday 28 October 2013

Must Watch : Into The Wild




Into The Wild can easily be summed up in one word; Powerful. It was based on a true story about a young man who feels that there is more to life than graduating college, working a decent well-paid job, all the materiality, hypocrisy, unfairness & unjust, dealing with troubled parents who seems to never care about anything else but living a mediocre life and shielding the dark side of the house away from judging eyes. It is a tale not about finding oneself; it has been found and is being pursuit.

I watch this movie with such an awe and respect for the young man. Chris must have been a brave person who kept true to his virtue without letting anyone tarnishing it. Almost each and every scene got me wondering, where the hell did this one 20-something guy found the guts and went on such a self-revolutionary adventure? Some might think that he had gone mental, which happened quite sometime towards the end of the movie, but I think that he is a genius. How many people are there who could have ever thought about hitchhiking through America and living life off wild animals and edible plants deep in the forest, and better yet, actually making it a reality?


By heart, Into The Wild was an eye-opener, awe-inspiring story told beautifully with graceful raw edges that should be told to everyone. It has definitely inspire me to better myself in this cruel, cruel world, but it has also made me realized that amidst all the hypocrites, there are a handful of genuine people that will teach us some of life’s important lessons and I hope that I will someday find my own. My only regret about this empowering movie is that I wish Chris had survived, and lived to tell his own beautiful story himself.


No comments:

Post a Comment